Institutions have been using the CaMLA English Placement Test—the CaMLA EPT— for over four decades to place English language learners into the appropriate level.
The CaMLA EPT is now available as a computer-based (cb) test.
Benefits of a computer-based test
- No complex preregistration needed—students can enter their information when they arrive to take the test
- Supported and backed by CaMLA research
- Simple system requirements: a student can take the test on any computer with headphones and an up-to-date web browser
- You can run score reports immediately—no hand-scoring or scantron sheets
What does it look like?
The (cb) CaMLA EPT has been designed to provide an easy-to-navigate examination for the test taker. Test sections are clearly marked, with separate time limits and instructions provided.
In the sample screen image below, the test taker sees Question 28, a grammar item in the GVR portion. Test takers will see their progress and the time left in the section along the top of their screen. They can move between items in the GVR section; they will not be able to move between items in the listening portion of the test.
Here is another sample, this time of a (cb) CaMLA EPT reading passage with questions. The test takers can scroll through the questions on the right; the reading passage will remain visible on the left.
Learn More about the Test
The (cb) CaMLA EPT contains the same content as the paper-based CaMLA EPT.
- Linking the Common European Framework of Reference and the CaMLA English Placement Test
- CaMLA EPT Development Report
Prior to purchasing the CaMLA EPT, please contact us so that we can verify you’re a valid purchasing institution. The (cb) CaMLA EPT requires a minimum purchase of 25, but any quantity above that can be purchased. Need 68 tests? No problem. Want to buy 700 tests? You can do that, too.