You can now purchase CaMLA’s Tests for Institutions and practice materials directly from CaMLA or from Cambridge University Press
CaMLA announces a new partnership with Cambridge University Press (CUP). CUP will now serve as a distributor of CaMLA’s Tests for Institutions in the United States and Canada. By offering CaMLA’s Tests for Institutions, CUP will be able to meet the ESL needs of its clients, from placement tests to course materials to exit exams.
CaMLA tests offered by Cambridge University Press
- quickly and reliably places ESL students into similar ability levels
- provides an accurate assessment of a test taker’s general receptive language proficiency
- perfectly flexible and adaptable to whatever materials an institution uses because the CaMLA EPT isn’t linked directly to any CUP course
- scores correlated to the Common European Framework (CEFR)
- measures learner achievement and progress
- suitable for adult or young adult language learners
- judges proficiency in beginning through advanced users
- used by ACCET (Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training)-accredited institutions
English proficiency test for prospective international teaching assistants (ITAs)
- aimed at the high-intermediate to advanced levels
- assesses speaking, listening, interactional competence, and transactional competence through teaching-related tasks—the types of tasks ITAs actually do!
- directly evaluates the skills needed to be an ITA in English
- provides institutions with the resources to make high-stakes decisions on classroom readiness with confidence
Cambridge University Press will also distribute the CaMLA Speaking Test, due out in November, and the CaMLA Writing Test, debuting in 2015. CUP also now sells CaMLA practice materials, resources that help English language learners become familiar with the content and format of their chosen tests so they can see whether their English is at the level required for the actual exams.